Win10 - No PDF Preview in Outlook 2016 or in File Explorer

Using Windows 10, 64-bit, with Outlook 2016. I can’t seem to get a PDF Preview in either Outlook 2016 or in Win10 File Explorer’s preview pane. I’ve tried associating PDF files with both Acrobat and with Adobe Reader … that didn’t help. There’s an article here at HTG that describes a fix for this problem, but the latest version of that fix is May 2011, for Windows 7. I’m a little reluctant to try it on Win10.

I’m convinced that there must be an EASY solution to this; if not, zillions of people would be searching online for an answer, and that doesn’t seem to be happening.

Thanks, anybody!!

Hmmm. My Windows 10 Home has previews of PD files in the Preview Pane and it does all pages.

Is this what you mean? I have Adobe reader XI (11.0.13)MUI instaled.

That’s EXACTLY what I had in mind, xhi. That’s the way it worked for me in Windows 7, and as far back as I can remember. Maybe the VERSION of Reader is the issue … I’m using the very latest 2015 “DC” version of both Acrobat and Reader. You’ve given me a clue to investigate … thanks VERY much!!

If I figure it out, I’ll report it here.

I have a new Win 10 installation with Office 2016 and Acrobat X Pro and it behaves very differently from all of my previous installations. In the preview pane, PDFs appear as a large icon with a dropdown menu. I can preview, open, print, etc.

I have so many issues with Acrobat right now this was pretty low on my priority list but I wanted to let you know what happens with the [very expensive] purchased version.

Thank you very much. This solved my issue.

I closed my Acrobat Reader 8.1 and I downloaded the new version free from Adobe’s official website. I installed it and I could see the preview afterwards. This is the second topic I find a solution that works best than MS Office’s own help. Keep up the good work, this is going to be really helpful at my new job to speed up my work performance with a simple thing like this.