VGA port for dual monitor?

Is it possible to use the vga port of motherboard for me to use dual monitor? I’m using the HDMI port of GT 1050 and having trouble to find a connector of the dvi.

Problem is, at least from my experience, your system won’t let you use the video ports from both your video card and your motherboard - its either one or the other.

I don’t know what exact model your video card is, but if you have a display port you can use a splitter adapter to connect 2, 3, or even 4 monitors through one port…assuming all those monitors have display ports available. Otherwise you might have to see if plugging an adapter into an adapter works (example: splitter + DVI to display port adapter). I’ve seen some crazy setups with adapters that actually function.

Oh, never knew that there is a splitter for multiple monitors. Gonna look for that. Thanks grumpy cat! :grin:

Just remember it has to be display port, not HDMI.

Like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-Multi-Monitor-Splitter-MSTDP123DP/dp/B00JLRBB8I

HDMI splitters won’t work for multi-monitor setups; they would just give you the same display on multiple monitors.

Whether you can use the on-board VGA at the same time as your 1050’s HDMI is kind of a roll of the dice. On my system, I can use the on-board video at the same time as an expansion card, but I have to enable that in the BIOS. There’s usually a setting to disable the on-board graphics when a PCI Express card is installed, but the language can be confusing. Mine says something like “IGP Initialize”, for example.

I think it depends on the motherboard and the BIOS/UEFI config.
As long as you don’t disable the integrated video on BIOS/UEFI setup, it should work without a problem.

I precisely use the setup you want to use, a monitor hooked up through HDMI to my GeForce 1050 Ti card, and another monitor hooked up through VGA to the integrated video, and it works flawlessly (using this setup since some years)

My current motherboard on my main computer is a Gigabyte B85 one.

I am surprised that you video card does not have 2 ports. From what I see of what you mentioned it has HDMI, DVI, and VGA. It MAY even allow you to use DVI and HDMI simultaneously meaning with a small cable adapter the DVI can connect to an HDMI monitor. It seems you purchase a card like that for performace resons so connect your second monitor to that card.

I have a basic older Acer Revo that has HDMI, DVI and VGA outputs. I can use either HDMI or DVI simultaneously with VGA. I can not use two monitors one on HDMI and another on DVI simultaneously . Franky from my experience if it gives you two ports like HDMI and VGA you can probably use both at the same time.