Trying to allow Standard User to be able to install software with out Admin password Win 10

Here is my situation. On a fresh install of Win 10 Pro. 2 accounts. Admin and the kid (standard user). I am trying to accomplish a way to let the kids install their games, photo editors, and such but blacklist some software that they should not install.

I have been reading and trying different options. Group Policy Editor, Security Policies, App Control and so on.

The problem is that as long as the standard user account is marked as such, Windows always prompts for an Admin Password to start/finish the install.

Is there a way to set it so that the standard user can install the programs they wish to install with out always prompting the UAC for the Admin Password?

Trying to do this with out 3rd party software. But if it comes down to it 3rd party will have to do.

I’m not aware of a way you can do this. I do know there are certain programs, like some web browsers, that won’t prompt for credentials to install. You can usually get away with installing browser extensions as well.

Not safely or consistently, no. The issue is that installing programs for all users (into the Program Files directory) requires administrator access, period.

Users can install programs for their own account, if the program supports it. It does this by installing into the user’s local profile. Most software doesn’t support this, however, and I can’t think of any major video games that do.

Short version… you’ll probably need to get your kids to bug you for an admin login every time they install something.