The file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder

The file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder. How to fix it except of editing folder structure and file name.

Did you try that?..

Another trick is to share the folder to the network, then connect directly to the share. Since you’re bypassing the longer part of the directory structure, you should be able to access your files.

However, be aware that you’re going to have just as much trouble reading the files later. Honestly, I’d focus on trying to shorten the path name, either by moving the files up in the directory structure or by shortening their names somehow.

Solutions I have tried -

1. Cannot find Enable NTFS long paths in (Win + R \ gpedit.msc) Computer Configuration-> Administrative Templates->System-> Filesystem->NTFS
  2. Cannot find Group Policy Objects (can go till CurrentVersion) in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects{48981759-12F2-42A6-A048-028B3973495F}Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Policies"
  3. HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\LongPathsEnabled key with a value 1. Doesn’t work
  4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Policies\LongPathsEnabled.Set its value data to.Doesn’t Work.
    @Biswa Help me.
    A. It is a “limitation restriction” (by HDD,CPU,FileSystem) or it is just windows.

~ followed by a number is the way Microsoft Windows shortens directory/file names to make them fit Windows length limitations.

AFAIK the ~ is an allowed character in the name on all file systems so it should not be a problem in the future.

Just curious, why did you delete the simple thank you post?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

OK I won’t bother cluttering up your thread with answers anymore.

Paul is right… thanking someone for their help isn’t “clutter.” It’s the polite thing to do.

when I transfer data to External HDD this error occurs.
This doesn’t happens with using internal drive