Task Schedule...start program setting

I want to create a Task to automatically create a restore point at system startup. I think I’ve got the hang of it, but I don’t know what to specify in the start program field. I tried to do this once before, but when I reviewed it, it said “the service could not be started either because it has been disabled or because it has no enabled device associated with it. (0x8007042).” Can someone walk me through this please?

You can try this!

Creating a system restore point during startup

1. Open Start.
  2. Search for Task Scheduler, click the top result to open the experience.
  3. Right-click the Task Scheduler Library folder.
  4. Click the Create Task option.
  5. Click on the General tab.
  6. In the “Name” field, type a descriptive name for the task .

Thanks, ronniesonora, but then what do I do? There’s got to be more to your instructions.

Have you checked that System Protection is enabled on your device (Windows sometimes disables it after a major update)? Go to Control Panel>System>System Protection to verify.

HI, Gordon_Hay. Yes, I did check and it had been turned OFF with my last update. I reset, but I’m still missing something in the setup of my Task.

I wonder if you have more than one disk and if System Restore is enabled for each, if so the task may need to specify the disk(s).

Here are two articles which describe how to do what you want. They suggest using different processes, but both contain details of the required arguments to use in creating the task in each case. Perhaps these will be of help.

Thanks, Gordon. These articles are exactly what I needed.,can’t wait to give them a try.