Simultaneous remote monitoring of electrical consumption of equipment from several locations using smart plugs

Hello,
I am working on a project where I will need to simultaneously record the power consumption of electrical equipment installed at several locations across the UK and this remotely. I was thinking of using smart plugs to generate the data and then to export it to excel for plotting.
I first thought I would go for the Belkin Wemo Insight since the default app has an export function but I just found out that it is not possible to install several of these smart plugs at different locations using the same smartphone.
Would anyone in the community have any recommendation on hardware I could use? I don’t really have the budget to install a hub at each location and even less a computer. This excludes Apple HomeKit smart plugs and anythingn requiring SmartThings since they need a hub.
Thank you

The geek way to do this would be to use a Raspberry Pi and a current clamp, and write some software…

The easier way is probably to buy a real energy meter that connects to the cloud.

Here are a couple of examples. There’s also a system called “Sense” that I keep seeing ads for… that goes in your fusebox or breaker panel and is meant for monitoring the whole house, but you can just attach it to one breaker, if you want.