Powerpoint window

08/02/2019 : When I open applications like Excel, Word, etc., they do as I want, occupy the full screen from the top left corner. This does not happen with Powerpoint though. Sometimes it occupies the full screen as I want, but on other occasions it opens full size but down or across from the top left corner.
There is obviously a command somewhere to fix this problem, but I do not know what it is or where it is held. There is nothing in the Powerpoint Options that strikes me as being a screen placement command.
Any help in this matter would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Typically windows remember their position and size the last time they were closed. So are you saying this isn’t occurring?

One thing I do when this happens on occasion is rather than using the maximize button, instead, manually drag the window to the full size of the screen. Then close it and reopen it and see if that helps.

Larry, The answer to your question is Yes.
What you describe and do with windows is exactly as I have and have done on my PC.
Whereas Excel, Word, etc., ‘remember’ their settings, Powerpoint does not. It is the command to set the size and location of the Powerpoint window that I am seeking.
I cannot think such a parameter does not exist, but as I said, I do not know what it is or where it is.

Depending on which version of Office you are using (I’m using Office 2016), I believe the registry settings are located here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\Options

Your other option would be to look for a 3rd party program to control a window’s startup size and position.

I have looked at the registry settings and include screenprints to show the values for Options for Powerpoint, Word, Excel and their location. There is no consistency between the applications, no common field for sizing, so I am stumped here.

Thanks for the detailed information.

I believe what you would be looking at is the Bottom, Left, Right, and Top.

I use Office 2016, so mine looks like this:

Notice the value of your Left is huge, I doubt that is normal.

13/02/2019 : Thanks for the advice, Larry.
I have amended the ‘Left’ field to match the value on your PC and show this in the before and after screenprints below.
After that I opened Powerpoint and it occupied the full screen, anchored to the top left corner, which is as I want it to behave. To test it further I closed and re-opened PP and in all cases it opened full screen and correctly anchored, so hopefully your advice has resolved this matter.
Once again, thanks for your help.