Please tell me if I correctly installed TFT Central's color profile

Hi. Just bought a Dell Alienware aw3418dw monitor. My video card is EVGA FTW3 GTX 1080 Ti. What do I check for to make sure everything works? I checked for dead pixels, Backlight bleeding & IPS Glow. Please tell me if I correctly installed TFT Central’s color profile. I followed How-To Geek’s instructions https://www.howtogeek.com/318723/how-to-find-and-install-a-color-profile-on-windows-for-a-more-accurate-monitor/ . Their example’s device tab shows Display: 1. ASUS PG278Q – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti. After installing the icc profile, my device tab shows Display: 1. Generic PnP Monitor – Intel® UHD Graphics 630. Please advise.

You must have taken advantage of that deep discount black Friday deal I saw for ~$700, I also took advantage of a deal but got a 21:9 1440p FreeSync Acer model for $400.

I don’t know if it is worth the effort to mess with this color profile because even if you get all the settings perfect it may not matter depending on the game you are playing. For example, last night I was playing BF1 on one of the dark maps. I have always had trouble seeing in the dark corners on these maps and never bothered to mess with my old monitor settings, but on my new monitor I went ahead and cycled through the eight different built-in color profiles and actually found with the reading view profile I was able to see in the dark corners where all the other profiles were too dark.

So ironically, even though my monitor has a “gaming” profile, I ended up using the reading profile for gaming.

Actually, I bought mine at newegg.com $810 after 10% discount… then a day later I saw newegg selling it on ebay $720 free shipping. I’m hoping there was tax, then I don’t feel so bad. But $810 is a very good price. Thanks for your color profile input. I heard Windows has its own color calibration. Wonder how good that is.

Update: Monitor’s DisplayPort cable was connected to motherboard. I connected it to my video card. Old guy here. Thanks :slight_smile:

Doh!

I guess that should have been obvious since it said “Intel® UHD Graphics 630” rather than some Nvidia or AMD card, have to keep that in mind for the future.

Yup, guess I thought it was a glitch