Microsoft Picture Manager file associations missing

I followed the steps in https://www.howtogeek.com/281913/how-to-bring-back-the-microsoft-office-picture-manager-in-office-2013-or-2016/ to install MS picture manager. Picture manager is indeed installed and works but.

When I click on a picture the default app Windows Photos is opened. When I choose open with I see Microsoft Office 2010 as one of the options. When I click it it does open MS Picture Manager. But

When I try to set this as default program to open this type of files it will open the first picture with Picture Manager and then continues to use the old default.

I use Windows 10. When trying to change the default programs (default apps) then when clicking on Microsoft Office 2010 nothing happens.

Apparently:

1. the name is incorrect (should not be Microsoft Office 2010, but something like Picture Manager)
  2. I cannot define picture manager as default to view .JPG, .JPEG etc

HELP

Thanks for any useful information

Did you select may pictures at once?

Can you run these following commands in comand promt and reply with the outputs? Copy these commands and paste in command prompt:

assoc .jpeg
For /F "tokens=2 delims==" %X in ('assoc.jpeg') do Ftype %X
Reg query "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.jpeg" /s

C:\WINDOWS\system32>assoc .jpeg
.jpeg=jpegfile

C:\WINDOWS\system32>For /F “tokens=2 delims==” %X in (‘assoc.jpeg’) do Ftype %X

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Ftype jpegfile
File type ‘jpegfile’ not found or no open command associated with it.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Reg query “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts.jpeg” /s

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts.jpeg\OpenWithList

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts.jpeg\OpenWithProgids
jpegfile REG_NONE

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts.jpeg\UserChoice
Hash REG_SZ 3jnrgNoBuzU=
ProgId REG_SZ AppXnz71596g9b912m7vp6p45teqa85x6x2d

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Can somebody help please?