How do I get OneDrive off my laptop once and for all?

I have a HP 15 Laptop PC with Windows 10. I tried taking OneDrive off my computer with the add/remove programs. It left about 60 files, and now they are multiplying. How can I get rid of it once and for all. I posted this once, and I tried everything I was told to do. It didn’t work.

This How-To Geek article may help:

Hi.
Generally, one of the simplest option is to do a Custom Install of Ms Office. Then, you can opt to cancel installing OneDrive or any other thing you don’t want with the package.

1 Like

I have MS office already and don’t want to reinstall it. I also don’t EVER mess with the registry. Any other ideas or do I just live with it on my computer?

Very wise. :+1:

The registry hack is the only way I know to make it disappear from file explorer. Also when I did it once years ago on test PC, it came back after one of the major bi-annual updates. So nowadays I just leave it on all PC’s and just don’t use it on the PC’s where I don’t want to use it.

Not at all. See my another post:

AFAIK, and according to the HTG article you linked, uninstalling OneDrive does not remove the icons from file explorer. So windows home users have to edit the registry to remove it.

If you have Windows 10 Home, you will have to edit the Windows Registry to remove the OneDrive folder from the File Explorer’s left sidebar.