Having Trouble with Google Play for Kindle Fire HD 2018 (October release)

Hi!

I need help! Got the new Kindle Fire HD 8 2018 and the installation of the Google Play does not work. It asked me to update the Google Play Services but it won’t let me log in into the play store either.
I had previously installed on a Kindle Fire 7 and Fire HD 8 2017 and worked perfectly.

The instructions I’m following are these https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

It’s not automatically updating either.

Thanks for your help!

I don’t know about Fire tablet but know about APK files (programming background). What did you see when you try to install new APK files? In smartphone, play store can be updated manually from left pane settings menu.

I was curious about this myself, as this question comes up often.

I talked to the article’s author about it, and he’s going to analyze this. Look for updates in the next few days (certainly no sooner than next week.)

I’ll just point out that the Google Play services are not meant to run on the Fire, and that any attempt to do so is always going to be a hack; you could lose that ability at any time with a software update. If you really want an Android tablet, you’re best off buying a Samsung or other Android band. If you want a Kindle tablet, you should count on being limited to the Amazon app store at any time.