Get preview photo viewer in Windows 10

In Windows 7 if I right clicked on a jpg file in Windows Explorer it gave me the option to PREVIEW the photo. That option does not seem to be available in Windows 10. Does anyone know how to get that option back in Windows 10?

Right click the .jpg, scroll down to Open With, then select PHOTOS.

Thank you that works. However it was a lot easier to just click PREVIEW. Leave it to Microsoft to complicate a simple task and call that an improvement.

It can be done with some registry settings. But it’s too risky. Are you familiar with regitry settings, backup etc?

Biswa; I am familiar with registry settings but I am satisfied with the method that Silvergohost63 outlined. It works for me. Thanks.

Have you tried using the preview pane? Enable it and resize it to suit, that may be all you need.

I am satisfied with Silverghost63 solution. Thanks anyway.

No problem. As a more general comment for information for anyone else reading this thread, I can recommend an app called Quick Look from the Windows Store which allows you to preview most files (including documents, pictures, music and videos) by selecting the file in File Explorer then pressing the space bar to open a preview window.

This app replicates a similar feature of the Mac OS which has been around for a long time.

Go to Default Programs > Set Default Programs. Find Windows Photo Viewer in the list of programs, click it, and choose Set this program as default. This will set the Windows Photo Viewer as the default program for all file types it can open by default.