Find Win 10 in non-partitioned C:

Backing up Start Page shortcuts you created: C:\Users[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

Backing up Task bar shortcuts** - C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

** make sure to turn on view hidden folders and then uncheck hidden for AppData folder

Yeah i agree with above comment,microsoft no more considers the replacing of drive as changing the device.I hope using SDD for the OS worked.As this is the most accurate solution and if it didn’t then something is wrong with your system.

Thanks to Mark8 and Frie20. I did a Win 10 install to a clean SSD without problems, however, now whenever I try to put the new drive into the system, it crashes. I’ve tried everything I know to do…disconnect an installed HDD and connect the SSD with the same cables, and tried connecting the drive with and without a carrier adapter tray…still I crash. Once removed I can reboot normally.

If you did a clean Windows 10 install, wasn’t the new drive already in the system? Or did you do the clean install on a different computer and then try to move the drive?

Sorry, larrylmitchell, I didn’t express myself very well. I did the install with the drive connected via removing cables from one of my other internal HDD and connecting the new SSD. That’s when I ran the instll. When I reconnected my original HDD, I mounted the new SDD into a tray to physically install into my CPU. When I rebooted, the system crashed. I tried the new SDD on another computer and it, too, crashed. I’m going to try another SDD to see if I have the same problem again.

It may be crashing if it is trying to boot off the HDD, did you verify in the BIOS/UEFI that the boot order is correct to allow the SSD to boot first over the HDD?

That was my next task, however, the system crashes before I can even cue up the boot menu.

You should be able to interrupt the system before it attempts to boot to the HDD or SSD.