2nd Hard Drive - what to do now?

I just added a 2nd Hard drive to my HP p-7-1254 desktop as I was receiving a CODE 303 error message. The drive I added is a Seagate 2TB SATA, and I’ve gotten my computer to recognize both drives, the original Seagate 1TB SATA, and this new one. The first Hard Drive (Seagate 1TB) is still functioning, but I’d like to be able to utilize the 2TB as well. Is there an easy and/or quick way to transfer information from the old to the new, and continue to keep the old HD as a backup?

Jim

Are you trying any utillites for this?

Use Macrium Reflect to clone the drive, and make sure to create the recovery disk during the process in case you run into problems getting the cloned drive to boot the first time:

Once you have the clone complete you have to go into your BIOS/UEFI and change the boot order, otherwise your system will just continue to boot off your old drive. Of course if you eventually format your old drive (you don’t have to of course) then it will no longer be bootable unless you reinstall Windows.

That HP code indicates a failing hard drive and IME a failing hard drive left connected in a system can lead to other problems by causing SATA bus errors and OS glitches. So I recommend that as soon as you get the old drive cloned to the new drive take it out the system to avoid further problems.